[Jacob-list] pinkeye

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Sat Dec 16 09:20:10 EST 2000

Melody -

I found that my local feed & supply store sold a powder in a "squirt"
container that worked great (sorry, I don't remember the name!), but once I
grabbed the critter, it was easier to aim and "poof" the powder than to try
and target an eye drop.

I also found that in one sheep last year with a recurring pink eye problem,
the *best* solution was "exile" outside of the barn.  The comparatively
warm/dirty barn interior is a breeding ground for infections, even in the
cleanest of barns; so quarantine "inside" could be as bad or even worse.  I
think the outside environment worked even better then the meds, as a matter
of fact.]

just my .02

thom