[Jacob-list] Record Stockman

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Thu Dec 14 07:17:38 EST 2000

At 11:20 PM 12/13/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The Record Stockman is a legitimate paper that has had a number of
interesting articles with pictures about Jacob sheep in the past.  I think
Janine Fenton had written some of them.
>                                                                 Mary Spahr
====================

Although I never did advertise in the Stockman, I have seen several of the
Jacob Issues thru the years and they were great. In the years past he placed
some of the old issues at lots of the Exotic type sales - therefore
promoting not only his magazine but also the Jacob breed. In advertising you
have to realise that ever time you advertise you do not necessarily get
positive results immediately.  And thru the many years that I raised Jacobs
the ads in my mind kept you "name" before the buyers,gave you some
legitamancy, and when they heard you name in the future related to Jacobs
people tended to associate you and the sheep more and more. Also ads placed
in publications do not make you a "Jacob" person in the eyes of the buyer =
I always wrote articles, pushed the Jacob name whenever and wherever I could
- thru the AMBC meetings, in ANY publication that would print what I said or
wrote, on TV programs local or national, in videos, = and I think that many
of you can still do the same.  I found that most of my better sales thru the
years were to local people who wanted something different or at least a
started type flock -

I think that some of you are giving this man a little too much bad press for
trying to get advertising $$$$$$$s - nothing wrong with that.  And nothing
wrong with you all telling him no -

=----
      Edd Bissell = Hidden View Farm = Rare and Primitive Breed Animals
Scottish Blackface=Jacob=Barbados=Texas Dall=Navajo-Churro=Churro Hairsheep
     ====Tennessee Nervous Meat Goats =  = Great Pyrenees LGDs=====
                  = eddbissell.com = 423-475-4844 =
         1435 Collins Road - New Market, Tennessee U.S.A. 37820