[Jacob-list] lamb products

MView16 at aol.com MView16 at aol.com
Tue Dec 5 20:41:29 EST 2000

Hi E.

I think my aversion to the smell of lamb began when I had a post-mortem done
on a favorite ewe who had died suddenly.  I helped the vet and was not
squeamish about the procedure...but the smell!  It was just like the smell of
a lamb roast...which figures...only 20 times more overpowering.  Now I am
like you...let someone else cook it, and I'll eat it.  When I'm in Scotland I
eat lamb all the time.  I spoke to a shepherd there who had invited me for a
dinner of lamb chops.  He told me almost the same story I just told you!  And
he sells 1000 market lambs a year.  He says he doesn't like to eat his own
lambs...and his wife does all the cooking.

Jeanne Massey
Marsh View Farm