[Jacob-list] FW: got hide and head--now what?

melody melody at empnet.com
Tue Dec 5 17:47:59 EST 2000

I sent this msg a bit earlier, but think I sent it to admin instead of the
list--oops--so will try again.  Always mess up when I'm in a hurry.

I just (very unexpectedly) acquired a VERY freshly-skinned Jacob hide,
complete with head.  It is about 38* outside.  There is no way I am going to
get this thing salted down today.  If I drape the hide wool-side down over a
fence, will it still be ok to salt tomorrow?  It will probably get down in
the 20's tonite.  Also--what does one do with the head?  I don't
particularly want it mounted on my wall--but is there a market for the
horns, either with entire head or just the horns mounted?  I have to leave
in about 2 1/2 hours, hope someone is on line this afternoon.
Melody