[Jacob-list] Fine Grass; Inedible?

Pavel pavel314 at home.com
Wed Aug 16 20:49:06 EDT 2000

In some of the soggier places in the pasture, the dominant grass is a
very fine, almost tubular grass. It doesn't grow very high, maybe three
or four inches maximum. It looks like good grass to me, but neither the
horses nor the sheep will eat it. There are times when the rest of the
pasture is grazed down to dirt but the fluffy green patches of this
stuff are untouched. Does anyone know what it is?

I'm thinking of just plowing up those areas, providing a bit more
drainage, and planting normal pasture grass.

Paul Intihar
Rainbow Farm
Joppa, Maryland