[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Wed Aug 2 20:58:56 EDT 2000

We recently bought a ram from Karen/Chuck Kerr - a nice 4 horned fellow
named Jones Roarke - who had the unique opportunity of traveling cross
country in Mary Ellen's very cute Jacob Sheep Trailer.  (I wish all of
you could have seen that trailer full of little spotted faces and horns
peering through the cattle panel sides - what a picture!!!)     Roarke is
still in quarantine and I've been feeding him bean stalks (in addition to
hay) - and he loves em!  Unlike last year we've had plenty of moisture
here in southeastern PA this summer and the green beans and wax beans
produced enough for an army (we are only a family of 3!) - I stopped
freezing when I had enough and started pulling out the stalks for Roarke
- he loves the green beans, chomps them down before the leaves, but he
prefers the leaves of wax beans rather than the beans themselves.  He
digs around in the bean stalks with his horns and ends up with beans and
leaves draped over his head/face  - guess he's pretty hungry for fresh
greens!   Also, today I threw some old broccoli heads in to the ewes -
and they chomped them down - and it can't be that they're hungry because
the meadow is lush.

Apparently you'all have been very busy with summer activities - the list
has been very quiet!!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!