[Jacob-list] %color/Hindquarters

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Tue Apr 25 06:21:35 EDT 2000

Edie -

I have been pouring over everything I ever received from JSBA concerning the "front-half-spotting-only" you have raised.  The only place I see it mentioned is on the Standard, where it lists "Random colored patches on front half of body only"  specifically as a  trait  that is "Acceptable but less desirable."  Yet, you have written,

"Also if the spots are only on the neck and forward 1/2 this is not considered advisable to pass.  it does not indicate an overall spotting."

Do I have an old breed standard (it's dated April 14, 1996)? Has this been changed?

thom