[Jacob-list] Coefficients

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Mon Apr 24 13:36:26 EDT 2000

Fred (Keeper of Oz-Like Computer Programs) -

Back in September you e-mailed me some great info concerning inbreeding coefficients & effective population.  I have finally (!) digested most of it, and it really is wonderful information for those interested in gene pool issues.  I am planning  my future breeding scenarios now, but realize that I don't have the inbreeding coefficients for my particular animals (which have been collected from four different farms).  You mentioned a computer program that will figure this all out - is that something you can still e-mail?  If not, where can one find the "paper" version?

thanks

thom