[Jacob-list] Nice rams

Kate Barrett kbarrett at oregontrail.net
Wed Apr 19 13:00:11 EDT 2000

I have found our ram to be semi aggressive, but trainable.  He is only a
year old, so we are hoping to maintain a good relationship.  He is very
respectful of us, and we can either use the horse training flag, or just
stamp our foot at him and he will leave.  He is very loving and it is
tempting to try to be friends with him, but we are trying to just maintain
an even flow without ever letting him get the upper hand.  Lately though he
has taken up sneaking under the hot wire and bugging the horses....he really
would like to be in charge of all of them too. It is really pretty funny,
although I worry that he will get kicked.. Usually my cow horse chases him
back under the wire if he gets too aggressive. He has a llama for company,
but the llama is so submissive I think he looks forward to the challenge of
chasing horses.  If the novelty doesn't wear off, I guess I will have to pen
him somewhere else, and build more fence!!Maybe he will figure out he can't
win, and quit bugging the horses, but it seems like he just gets bored, and
goes over there for kicks.  Is this normal behavior?  Has anyone else had
this problem?
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs