[Jacob-list] Registration Requirements

wolfpen wolfpen at alltel.net
Sun Apr 16 12:58:07 EDT 2000

Mary and all,

I once asked if we could have photos in the newsletter for evaluation by the inspectors as a tool to educate.  It just wasn't feasible, nor was the photo quality good enough.  I think it would be wonderful to do something like that on the Internet.  We could learn alot that way and some of the terms would be so much easier to visualize.

I'm just going to add one more thought here to this thread.  Three years ago my ram failed for forward horns.  Old story, most of you have heard it.  Janine Fenton wrote me a very nice, detailed letter as to her reasoning.  She invited me to phone her with questions.  I did then and numerous times after.  She patiently explained terminology, reasons for her decisions and why she felt some traits should not be kept in a breeding flock.  She looked at photos I sent later, giving me her opinion as to why or why not the animal would be a valuable breeder.  The whole experience became a very important educational experience for me.  Now, I will say that my first reaction was almost angry.  But, by listening to someone with way more experience and knowledge than I have, and by the kindness of Janine, it was turned into a positive experience.  In my limited experience with talking to other inspectors, I have always found them willing to answer questions, to explain decisions and share knowledge.  These guys aren't the bad guys.