[Jacob-list] why I have Jacobs

wolfpen wolfpen at alltel.net
Sun Apr 16 07:38:12 EDT 2000

I keep my ewes and lambs in a small paddock close to the house at night.  As they are let out in the morning they go down a tier that perhaps drops 2 1/2 feet.

This morning - a cool one here in the SE -  all five lambs plus 3 of the adult ewes leapt off the tier in unison, landed bucking and jumping, spun around and ran back to me, lining up in a perfect row of spotted sheep.  That's a Jacob Sheep moment for me and that's why I have these incredible animals.

They jumped so high that one of the eye patches slipped!