[ARGUS] Argus-5.0 code on GitHub

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sat Feb 3 09:36:03 EST 2024

Gentle people,
The code base on GitHub for argus-5.0 and argus-clients-5.0 is mostly complete and ready …
I have copyright declarations to modify in the clients, and a few more tools to include, but 90% is ready to go.

For those that had a specific OS interest, if you could please grab the software and give it a test run. That would be great !!!
	https://github.com/openargus/

We put the new software in their own repositories to support testing, and we’ll keep them separate for a few months.
Once things are stable, we’ll bring argus-5.0 in as the ‘main’ branch to the argus repository, and we’ll move argus-3.0 as a tagged release.

I have created a few projects in GitHub:
 ‘Argus Endpoint’ which is my focus for argus-5.0’s new functionality, which include zero configure operations, automatic independent monitoring of all interfaces, full control plane content capture, full json support and argus event correlations.
‘Argus Python Library’ to support AI/ML community for argus data.

GitHub has so many bells and whistles now that having a repo doesn’t seem to be enough (so to speak) …
For those that really like GitHub Projects, and all the automation, if you would like to offer some opinions, I’m all ears !!!

Hope all is most excellent,