[ARGUS] Segmentation fault (core dumped) while using argus- client (ra) and post ARGUS_DATA_DSR len is zero

Arijit arijit at deltax.ai
Thu Oct 13 00:19:34 EDT 2022

Dear Developers;

I am currently using Ra Version 3.0.8.2 and  Argus Version 3.0.8.2.
I installed Argus in my system using apt install argus-server argus-client
I am using the default ra.conf and argus.conf  files
If there is any place where i can upload the files, I can upload it there.

Error 1 : Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I did the following steps to capture traffic the read the Argus file.

sudo tcpdump -i <interface> -w zeek_argus3.pcap
sudo argus -r zeek_argus3.pcap -w arguslasttry.out
ra -r  arguslasttry.out  # prints few records before giving segmentation fault error
OR
ra -r arguslasttry.out > something.csv

Error 2: ArgusGenerateRecordStruct: post ARGUS_DATA_DSR len is zero

sudo tcpdump -i <interface> -s 0 -w zeek_argus1.pcap

sudo argus -r zeek_argus1.pcap -w argusfile1.argus

ra -r  argusfile.argus  #prints few records before giving  the error ArgusGenerateRecordStruct: post ARGUS_DATA_DSR len is zero
OR
ra -r argusfile.argus > tired.csv

Both the .pcap file works fine with wireshark/tshark and also properly converts properly.

Thanks in advance :)