[ARGUS] Argus Data Question

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Apr 23 11:08:04 EDT 2021

Hey Jared,
The ’seq’ is a number assigned to each output argus flow.  Its a monotonically increasing sequence number of the records output by argus.  Its a number that is used for reliability and synchronization between multiple readers.   Its also used to sort records when their timestamps are equal, which can happen on very high speed links, or if the sensor’s time resolution is poor.

Management records don’t have sequence numbers, the seq field of a management record is the “next sequence” number so you can expect what the next record should be ….

When you have 2+ clients reading from an argus source, the sequence numbers should agree.

Please consider sending emails to the argus email list !!
Hope all is most excellent,
Carter