[ARGUS] Attribute clarification

carter at qosient.com carter at qosient.com
Fri Sep 6 13:26:36 EDT 2019

I think that there maybe some information in knowing the distance between argus records, but the variables that impact the record distance is pretty independent of anything that I would think of interest.  Traffic mix, argus configuration, etc ….  And in high volume traffic sources, the counter rolls over regularly so long term behavioral trends would be confused by the number, I suspect, but that can be dealt with, without much issue ….

I think that some want to use the sequence number as a quasi key for the transaction, but we have other transaction ids that are designed for that … and of course the flow key, plus time is a much better discriminator for flow identification.

Hope all is most excellent,
Carter