[ARGUS] how to specify password for rasqlinsert ?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jul 22 12:14:00 EDT 2019

Hey Russell,
Are you getting this error message ??

% rasqlinsert -Xw mysql://carter:password@localhost/test/table_2019_07_09 <mysql://carter:password@localhost/test/table_2019_07_09>
rasqlinsert[108003]: 10:42:26.420175 mysql_connect error Access denied for user 'carter'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I tested this quite a bit and it works for me to pass the password like above.  We grab everything between the ‘:’ and the ‘@‘ and present that as the password to mysql_connect().   If your password has characters that the shell may not like, I  think that quoting them, escaping, whatever, shouldl help, but if you put the quotes around just the password, they will be included in the text we present as the password.

You can set the password in your .rarc file using the RA_DB_PASS variable, something like:
   RA_DATABASE=“test”
   RA_DB_USER=“carter”
   RA_DB_PASS=“password”

You maybe running into other permission problems, since you’re using rasqlinsert().  The user will need create permissions for databases and tables, which maybe another problem.

Carter