Argus-3.0.8.2 output values

Hasanen Alyasiri via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 23 10:08:08 EST 2017

Hi,

Best Wishes...

My issue is when I check my pcap file using Wireshark it clearly indicates
for me that in this file there is a Dport of value 433 but when I use argus
to read and extract Dport alongside other features it shows these values:

Dport
telnet
telnet
telnet
51996
50169
27711
0x4f52
0x4f52
https
telnet
49807
7547
36885
0x4f51
0x4f50
telnet
ntp
56685
49343
https

This is my extraction codes:

argus -w - -r file.pcap | \ra -nnr - -c ',' -s rank, stime, ltime, dur,
saddr, sport, daddr, dport, proto, stos, dtos, sttl, dttl, pkts, spkts,
dpkts, bytes, sbytes, dbytes, sload, dload, sloss, dloss, rate, dir,
sintpkt, dintpkt, sjit, djit, state, smeansz, dmeansz > file.csv

Or using

argus -r file.pcap -w file.argus

ra -Lo -s rank, stime, ltime, dur, saddr, sport, daddr, dport, proto, stos,
dtos, sttl, dttl, pkts, spkts, dpkts, bytes, sbytes, dbytes, sload, dload,
sloss, dloss, rate, dir, sintpkt, dintpkt, sjit, djit, state, smeansz,
dmeansz -r file.argus -c , > file.csv

I much appreciate your help.

Regards...

Hasanen Alyasiri