getting statistics

Carter Bullard via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:36:00 EST 2017

Hey Rashad,
Inter-arrival times and packet size data are options for the argus that generates the flow data.
Checkout the man page for argus.conf and for ra.1.

You will want to add these lines to your argus.conf file:
   ARGUS_GENERATE_PACKET_SIZE=yes
   ARGUS_GENERATE_JITTER_DATA=yes

When the flows records contain this data, ra.1 can print the values out for packet size (smeansz, dmeansz, etc …) and for inter-packet arrival times (sintpkt, dintpkt,  etc)

Carter