Freebsd problems

Peter Van Epp via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 26 17:24:15 EST 2016

	With Mike's web ref I've got argus-3.0.8.2 but it isn't doing any
better (so so much for someone else already fixed it :-)). Two errors I've
never seen before and don't know what to do with:

configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: present but cannot be compiled^M
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?^M
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: see the Autoconf documentation^M
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"^M
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: proceeding with the compiler's result^M
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------- ##^M
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-report at qosient.com ##^M
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------- ##^M

I've checked and the necessary prerequisite headers seem to be there, so I
don't know how to proceed. netinet/ip.h does the same thing, so if I fix one
I can probably fix the other.
	Then in the make it doesn't like pthread.h:

### Making in /usr/local/src/argus-3.0.8.2/common^M
gcc -O -I.  -I./../include  -I./../argus -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c argus_util.c^M
In file included from argus_util.c:62:0:^M
/usr/include/pthread.h:153:4: error: expected initializer before '__nonnull_all'^M
    __nonnull_all;^M
    ^^M

line 153 looks like this:

int             pthread_attr_getstack(const pthread_attr_t * __restrict,
                        void ** __restrict, size_t * __restrict)
                        __nonnull_all;

there are returns on all three lines (i.e. it isn't one long line) but I didn't
think C cared either. Again no idea what I need to do to fix that. Any
suggestions? This isn't the usual I'm used to of different header files that
just need ifdefs :-).

Peter Van Epp