Verifying flow to biflow conversion

Carter Bullard via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 26 09:35:18 EDT 2016

Hey Richard,
Thanks for the update. Ahhhhhhh, with 1 : 10 sampling you will not get much to stitch back together, maybe 1 : 5000 - 10000 flows are merge-able, since so many flows are very short lived.  For example DNS and HTTP single transactions are primarily under 10 packets, total, you’ll .  The big elephants do well, but if you have a big elephant network, you don’t really need to sample.

We are building out the commercial side of Argus this year, and are testing our 10, 40 and 100G argus appliances now, around the US, with target delivery for end end of the fall (northern hemisphere fall).  If you are interested, send me email directly.

Glad to hear that argus is helping out … Hope all is most excellent,
Carter