Argus management records: how to control the frequency?

Richard Rothwell via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 5 00:43:58 EDT 2016

Hi Carter,

I have changed from using Netflow 9 to Netflow 5 for the GLORIAD InSight code.
This is causing problems because the batches of records coming out of rabins are much larger.

The InSight perl code splits the text stream coming from rabins based on the management stop records.
Previously this approach produced about 50,000  to 80,000 records per batch depending on the rate coming out of the router.

With the change to Netflow 5 I am seeing batches that contain around 500,000 records.
This caused the software to throw an exception since the “lines” were to large.
I have increased the input buffer to get the software to run, but tis still falls over eventually.

Is there some way to control how often management records are produced?

Regards from Richard