argus quits with error "drop request firstseqnum is 0"

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jun 29 16:22:18 EDT 2015

Hey Kaustubh,
OK, so if we get malformed UDT drop requests, which is a protocol violation,
we currently use

   ArgusLog(LOG_ERR, ...)

to report the protocol error.  That is a bit extreme, and unnecessary.
The correct fix, which is to report the protocol violation in the flow
records, changes 4 files.  Rather than provide a set of patch files,
here is a complete argus distribution (argus-3.0.8.2.rc) that has the fix.
If you could test this, that would be great !!!!

If you could send me some kind of thumbs up or down, if up I’ll start
to distribute this fix for real testing.

Carter