Ra - filter syntax error

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jan 22 12:27:00 EST 2015

Hey /Elof,
Error messages where the filter comes before the error type,
are all syntax errors, and are found in the ./common/argus_util.c
file.

Try this patch to move the filter to the end of the error messages …

==== //depot/argus/clients/common/argus_util.c#390 - /Volumes/Users/carter/argus/clients/common/argus_util.c ====
1553c1553
<          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "%s filter syntax error", parser->ArgusRemoteFilter);
---
>          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "filter syntax error: %s", parser->ArgusRemoteFilter);
1557c1557
<          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "%s filter syntax error", parser->ArgusLocalFilter);
---
>          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "filter syntax error: %s", parser->ArgusLocalFilter);
1561c1561
<          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "%s filter syntax error", parser->ArgusDisplayFilter);
---
>          ArgusLog (LOG_ERR, "filter syntax error: %s", parser->ArgusDisplayFilter);

If we truncated the string length, say using %.xxxs where xxx is the number of bytes,
what do you think would be a good length ???

Carter