argus-3.0.8.1 release candidate on the server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sat Apr 11 17:26:04 EDT 2015

Gentle people,
We’ve gotten a report of a bug that can cause argus to terminate, and so I’ve decided to generate a release 3.0.8.1 with a fix for this problem.   Sending a remote filter with syntax errors to argus during the connection phase, can cause argus to terminate.  I’ve put a candidate release tarball, argus-3.0.8.1.tar.gz on the dev server that addresses this, and a bunch of other problems.

   ftp://ftp.qosient.com/dev/argus-3.0/argus-3.0.8.1.tar.gz <ftp://ftp.qosient.com/dev/argus-3.0/argus-3.0.8.1.tar.gz>
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-3.0.8.1.tar.gz <http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-3.0.8.1.tar.gz>

Could you give this version a run to see if it works for you??

Changes include:
   Fixes for syntax error on remote filter
   Corrections for syntax error reporting
   Fixes for Netflow V9 packet file parsing
   Mods for debian packaging
   Fixes for libwrap discovery in acsite.m4
   Added dna, zc and eth+@ interfaces for polling
   argus.conf support for setting the pcap buffer size

I know that /Elof has a bug in the list that has not been addressed ...
    gap errors when retransmitting the same packet stream on the wire
    with no other packets being received - possible global clock error.

I’m working on that specific error now. If there is a problem that I have not addressed in this release, please yell now.

Thanks for all the support and hope that if your in the northern hemisphere that spring is on its way   !!!!