Ratop question

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Nov 5 11:10:09 EST 2014

Hey Guys,
There is another twist, of this idea, but it maybe a feature problem for ratop.1.

All the ra* clients support using the -v flag to negate a -e grep expression, just like grep.

Unfortunately the -v option reverses both the sort order and the regex operation
in  ratop.1.  This is  case of having too many operators, and wanting to use -v,
like many unix commands, to reverse the logic.  sort.1 and grep.1 both use
-v to negate actions, and rasort.1 and regrep.1 also use -v.

Because ratop.1 incorporates the functions of rasort and ragrep, we
‘ inherit ‘ the actions of the -v.

So, use the " -e regex -v “ options to read, an input file, and then when it
displays the results, use the “ -v “ to get the sort order correct.

Not sure how to correct this, may have to make some changes to .rarc to
clarify the -v function ???

Carter