meaning of "*" in the state field?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed May 7 13:40:32 EDT 2014

Hey Zi,
A ‘*’ at the end of any field indicates that the field was truncated
due to not enough space to print the string.  With the -Zb option
you should set your state field to be 8-10 chars.

In your ~/.rarc file, use something like this:

RA_FIELD_SPECIFIER="stime dur flgs proto saddr sport dir daddr dport spkts dpkts sbytes dbytes state:10”

Notice the field length specifier in the state field:

   state:10

You can do this on the commandline:

   ra -s stime dur flgs proto saddr sport dir daddr dport spkts dpkts sbygtes dbytes state:10 -r file

I’ll add this to the manpage.

Carter