Argus seems to stop writing data that ra can read.

Unknown s.a.mcintyre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:57:51 EDT 2014

Hi Carter,

On 27 Mar 2014, at 22:47, Carter Bullard wrote:

> Hey Scott,
> This reads like a corrupt output file.   Any chance you could be
> running 2 argi, or same argus writing to the same output file twice
> ???

Nope, double verified that, definitely only one process writing, and as
you probably noticed from my follow-up, using an older client version
reads the server output file just fine.  I've gone ahead and stuck with
the older client version for now.

> Can you share one of the files that exhibits the problem??  Does the
> client just spin or does eventually terminate / die ???

Running a simple ra -n -r argus.out terminates fine, doesn't spin, just
doesn't show the full contents.  Using the old ra() version shows the
full contents.

I can get you a sample file, sure, let me know if you still want one or
if the clue about different versions of the client was enough.

Cheers,
Scott