rastream fails

James Grace jgrac002 at fiu.edu
Wed Jun 11 10:07:08 EDT 2014

Good morning all,

I've been using rastream to connect to my argus client to split up traces
into 5 minute interval and store them neatly.

I've been running into a problem after about 48 hours of operation where
the rastream process closes. I finally ran it with -D 3 and piped the
output to a file so here's the error message I'm receiving:

Write failed: Broken pipe

Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : 8.348s

Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : 5.514s

Total time                              : 47:31:15.22s

CPU utilisation (percentage)            : 0.0%

Times the process was swapped           : 0

Times of major page faults              : 74

Times of minor page faults              : 1583

Exit 255

Any clues on this?

thanks much,

-james