Management records

Russ Harvey russ-harvey at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 5 10:31:31 EDT 2014

Thanks Carter,
I don't quite get your answer, but will do some research to try to understand
it. From the man page, I guess I thought just the opposite:

               s     -  Src loss/retransmissions
               d     -  Dst loss/retransmissions
               g     -  Gaps in sequence numbers were observed

since I thought `loss' meant packet loss and gaps meant the sequence numbers
were off somehow.

The setup with argus and netmap is working pretty well, though we haven't
stressed it, the 10Gb link being monitored only peaks at about 60K pps.
Later this month we will put an argus/netmap system on our other 10Gb link,
which peaks around 250K pps, so we'll see how that one goes.

Thanks again,
--russ