Management records

Russ Harvey russ-harvey at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 4 18:40:46 EDT 2014

Sorry for the dumb question, I did not find an answer in the docs or minimal
list search I did. In trying to look for evidence of packet loss for
10Gb traffic that argus is monitoring, I see indications of dropped packets
in the record output (e.g. the `d' flag is set and the loss field has a
non-zero value).  However, looking at the management records for the same
traffic does not show any packet loss/ retransmits (in the sport filed,
I believe). Why would the management records not indicate losses?
I am using argus-3.0.7.5 on ubuntu 12.04 (and have linked argus to a netmap
version of libpcap)

Thanks,
--russ