Label delimeter

Craig Merchant craig.merchant at oracle.com
Wed Jul 23 17:53:56 EDT 2014

Hey, Carter.

Is there any way to control the delimiter used when multiple labels are applied to a source or destination?  I want to import the output of Argus into Splunk, which expects a fixed number of columns in the data to apply field names to.  Since our internal hosts have one or more labels associated with them, that makes each record have a variable number of columns.

I've worked around it by changing the field delimiter to "@" and then using sed to replace the label commas with pound signs and then replace the "@" sign with commas.  That process can be somewhat slow and CPU intensive over a large number of records.  It would be great if there was a way to specify a separate delimiter for the label fields.

Thanks.

Craig