Argus concatenates flows that have the same 5-tuple

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Tue Jul 8 22:48:34 EDT 2014

Are you saying that this is an unreliable connection e.g.: UDP or ICMP as
compared with TCP and there is no indication of session termination FIN/ACK
FIN/ACK? If so, what is the amount of time between the system shutdown and
the subsequent restart and reconnect?

If this is TCP, then I would expect that Argus would see the FIN/ACK -
FIN/ACK sequence and stop the aggregation correctly.

--Dave