Request for rabins to handle SIGHUP and reload the config?

Matt Brown matthewbrown at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:08:04 EST 2014

Thanks for replying, Carter.

My intention is to specifically change the bin size (by way of
modifying a config file).

I would think it makes sense to:
- allow caches to expire within a max timeout (N seconds.... maybe the
-B ?  maybe the bin size? maybe either as a user wishes?)
- rolling active flows won't be a problem, right?
- Any config changes would take effect after the set expiration.

Do these make sense to you?

I think it makes the most sense to have a single rule ("everything
takes effect after the previous [buffer|bin|whatever] ends"), than to
make seperate rules ("if the bin size changes, then, we will flush
cache after the latest bin expires." and/or "if the output filter
changes, it will be immediate or maybe not.").

But... you know what makes the most sense from what you've seen from
users over the years.

Thanks much,

Matt