Running rasqlinsert as a service in Fedora 18

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Fri Jan 10 10:41:52 EST 2014

On 01/10/2014 06:51 AM, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Are you running with the "-d" option ???  Many times I have to scratch my head
> and figure out if the service should demonize itself, or not.  Does this
> method want rasqlinsert.1 to say in the foreground or daemonize itself ???

systemd wants the process to run in the foreground, so using -d (or the
equivalent in a config file) could cause some issues.  Turning on debugging
might give some clue as to why it's exiting.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Office of Information Technology       FAX:         949-824-2270