argus and upstart (linux)

Barry Kolts bhkolts at gotrain.org
Sat Feb 22 09:09:37 EST 2014

Peter,

I wrote the two attached upstart jobs a couple of years ago. They are
running on Ubuntu server 12.04 and seem to work just fine. I learned
just enough about Upstart to write these, so I'm no Upstart expert. Use
them as a guide or just use them.

I just read this week that Canonical has decided to drop Upstart and
follow Debian's lead and go with systemd. So we will have to learn how
to use systemd.  Canonical said they won't change in the up coming
release 14.04 but will change to systemd in 14.10.

Hope this helps,
Barry