Heavy Traffic Conditions

Reynolds, Jeffrey JReynolds at utdallas.edu
Mon Feb 3 14:48:28 EST 2014

Hello,

I’m curious to know if it’s possible to having multiple instances of Argus running on one machine, and have traffic load balanced across these instances utilizing PF_RING inside of CentOS.  From my understanding, PF_RING has this capability and it is used with applications such as Snort to utilize parallel processing of high bandwidth links, but I haven’t seen any documentation on how one might accomplish this with Argus.  Any information on the topic would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff