concept of flow in Argus

el draco eldraco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:11:12 EST 2014

To complement John's answer it can be added that, besides the
directionality, most flow standards also define a flow using:
- Protocol.
- A timeout for each protocol.
- A flow report time. What argus calls ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL.

Together with the srcIP, srcport, dstIP and dstport, all these values
impact what you see as an output when flows are generated.

sebas

--
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D9A358CA10F1601