ARGUS Binary Size

James Grace jgrac002 at fiu.edu
Mon Aug 4 15:50:48 EDT 2014

Good afternoon List,

I've been collecting traces using argus and rastream off of a  DAG8.1SX.
 The link is running right around 2.3Gb/s.  I've been looking into the
argus.conf manpage to see if there is a way to limit the packet length
stored by rastream or argus.

Right now, if I run argus and rastream with these flags"

#argus -d -i dag0 -P 561

#*rastream* -S localhost -M time 5m -w /flows/South/%Y/%m/%d/argus.%H.%M -D
3&

I'm getting rather large binaries for 5 minutes -- right around 1GB.  I
have a feeling its grabbing all 9000bytes of the jumbo frame. Is there a
workaround for this?

Thanks a bunch!

James