heartbleed patterns ?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Apr 9 23:15:53 EDT 2014

Hey Mike,
If imap disconnects within 2 seconds, then grab short lived flows with
PCR approaching -1.0, and lots of dst bytes.  So they would be trying
to get a lot of buffers before imap killed the connection ??

In our PCR paper, we’ve got the mean imap PCR at -0.426.  We
only used ~100K connections, but the trend was good.  If imap
killed the connection you would get the FIN/RST coming from
the server, which would be odd.

Carter