Argus seems to stop writing data that ra can read.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Apr 8 14:23:02 EDT 2014

Hey Scott,
OK, sorry for the delay on this….  So we have in the clients a sanity check
for bogus metric values as we’re reading argus records from the input,
and these records that argus-3.0.7.5 is generating that have errant
packet and byte counts are causing us to reject the stream, and stop
processing.

I have a fix in the clients to realize the error, zero the errant
data and mark the flow record cause as ARGUS_ERROR, which puts an
“ERR” for the flow status.  I don’t like the reason we’re doing this,
argus generating bogus data, but it allows us to continue to process
the stream without propagating the corrupted record.

So if this is agreeable,  I’ll have this up on the server later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Carter