packet headers

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Apr 2 07:05:12 EDT 2014

Hey Oğuz,
This feature works fine for me using argus-3.0.7.5.
There are two variables in the example ./support/Config/argus.conf file.
I uncommented out these entries in my /etc/argus.conf,
after making sure the /var/log/argus directory existed.

ARGUS_PACKET_CAPTURE_FILE="/var/log/argus/packet.out"
ARGUS_PACKET_CAPTURE_ON_ERROR=“no”

The second variable toggles whether we capture every packet,
or just packets when there is an error in argus.

Then running as root, argus did generate a lot of packet data.
Not seeing this on your machine ??

Carter