Couple things...

Craig Merchant cmerchant at responsys.com
Thu Sep 19 12:14:20 EDT 2013

How does racluster impact that?  I would think that if in a five minute interval I did an ls of the root file system (a consumer behavior) and then SCP'd a 10KB file, that the ABR would still average out to being a consumer.  But if I SCP'd a hundred MB file, it would definitely make me a producer.

I just tried using bytes*ABR and see what the anomaly detection system said and it didn't flag my test case (or anything else for that matter).  It's probably easier for it to handle values that stay within a known range...

Since I'm presenting at the Splunk conference in a couple weeks, I'm doubtful my company would spare me to go to FloCon...  sadly.