INT vs REQ

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 23 10:54:28 EDT 2013

Sorry to have been terse in my last email, I was using my phone, …
So, check to see if this is consistent with what you are seeing.

   INT - Initial observance of traffic on this flow.  You
         should see this for the first report of a new flow.

   REQ - Requested service. This is indicated for long lived
         unidirectional flows without a response.

   CON - Connected service.  This is indicated for bi-directional
         flows, determined by direct observation of packets in both
         directions, or state, in the case of TCP, seeing data
         transfer states.

So for a long live uni-directional UDP like flow, you should see
the first report is an INT flow, and subsequent status flows
should be REQ.

Carter