radium - ArgusWriteOutSocket max queue exceeded messages

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Oct 3 23:09:40 EDT 2013

Hey Dave,
You are seeing the rasqlinsert() close its input connection..."client sent DONE", and
radium taking its time to remove the output queue list, which has accumulated 0.5M
records for output.  Looks like radium is doing the right thing in this case.

Changing the queue lengths smaller will get you to the point where radium() will
think that your clients aren't processing flow record fast enough, and you'll see
radium() drop the connection.  The system logs will show the condition, so just
as easy to see as this condition.

The output queue length is defined on line 1819 in the file ./common/argus_output.c.

   int ArgusMaxListLength = 500000;

You can take it down to 2-3X the flow rate, so if you're transmitting 1000 records per
second, 2-3000 may work???

Carter