rastream and %T in -w

Matt Brown matthewbrown at gmail.com
Wed May 8 19:25:56 EDT 2013

Hello Carter,

Thanks for writing back quickly.

If I start rastream as follows:
rastream -S 127.0.0.1:561 -M time 1d -w /var/opt/argus//%Y-%m-%d/argus_%T

the generated file is named:
/var/opt/argus//%Y-%m-%d/argus_01:00:00

As is the case with %H %M and %S == 01 00 and 00

I pulled these variables from the man page of strftime()
http://linux.die.net/man/3/strftime

I've finally got around to implementing argus in a real way to complement
the project flow-inspector, which presents flow data via a web interface
using a few d3.js visualizations.  The commit that extends support for the
data source of an "rasqlinserted" argus DB can be reviewed:
https://github.com/constcast/flow-inspector/commit/e800598c3481c8ec6a44b103d98906668f612546.
 It would be great to have an ra* client that would BLPOP() data into a
redis queue.  A python script takes in a few IPFIX information elements
about the flows and inserts them into a backend DB (mysql, oracle, or
mongo).  I've been going back and forth with Lothar Braun who has been
quite responsive.

Thanks again for your help,

Matt Brown