rasqlinsert and SQL TRIGGERS

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Fri Jun 28 18:44:58 EDT 2013

Matt,

A trigger is defined on a table so by definition, a table has to exist
before the trigger can be created. A trigger exists only for the lifetime of
its associated table. If you drop the table, you drop the trigger. If you
rename a table that has an associated trigger, the trigger is updated to
reflect the new table name.

Can you give a more concrete example of something that you would like to do
with a trigger? There may be another way to achieve the same goal.

--Dave