Proto 0 not displaying in ra

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jun 24 19:46:11 EDT 2013

Hey Dave,
So I mentioned in my earlier email that IPv6 options will never
find their way into our protocol field(s).  I have no idea why
IANA includes an IPv6 option as a protocol.  It must be an error?

So the zero pseudo protocol IP number, I'm not sure that that
is possible to send a packet with a zero in the IP protocol field.
IPinIP uses 4, so, not sure what it would mean for a router or
an end system to get a packet with a zero as the next header.

For us, I believe that racount() maybe reporting on ARP flows as
having a protocol of 0, as we play some games with ARP/RARP flows,
when we aggregate them.

I'll try to look into it later tonight.
Jesse, have any data I can use that generates the error?

Carter