Rewrite of rastream

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jun 24 11:21:02 EDT 2013

Hey Matt,
Just for completeness, the purpose of the "-B <secs> " option, is
to give rastream() an " all clear " time period.  The time should
take into account the ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL of all the sources,
and time drift, and collection pipeline processing delay.

Because rastream() can be collecting from multiple sources, (1…x)
I recommend that <secs> be, at least:

   (max(ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL.1, …, ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL.x) + 5)

rastream() could figure this out itself, as the ARGUS_FLOW_STATUS_INTERVAL
is reported downstream through the " man " records, but because you can
filter out " man " records in complex collection infrastructure,
its not necessarily a reliable configuration strategy.

I personally use +10, just in case the system is supporting a lot of
tasks that kick in right on the hour, to avoid task collision at key
times.  The extra 5 secs, probably, isn't necessary, or for some
systems, +30 could be more appropriate.  All depends.

Carter