Time window issue

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Wed Jun 12 06:14:49 EDT 2013

Rahimeh,

The racluster.csv file looks correct. The reason that the rabins output is
not UTF-8 is the -w that you are using. If you were to use the argus.csv
file as input to one of the clients, it would work since it is a binary file
(all  -w output is binary.) If all that you need is a csv file, then do
something like this:

  rabins -M time 5m -B 10s -m proto sport dport saddr daddr -r
/usr/argus/data/argus.out  -c ',' -n -p 3 -u -Zb -s +ltime +stime +trans
+dur +mean +sco +dco +pkts +spkts +dpkts + bytes > thefile.csv

When you specify +ltime +stime +trans . you are adding those fields to the
existing default set of fields. If you only wish to have those specific
fields in your output, remove the '+' signs and only the listed fields will
appear in the output.

--Dave