Shutdown for rasqlinsert

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Tue Jun 11 00:36:28 EDT 2013

Carter,

Is it just me or does shutting down rasqlinsert always need a bit of cyber
violence. I can't seem to get kill(1) to stop the process even if I wait
patiently. The usual suspects like HUP bounce off harmlessly but -9 seems to
do the trick. Is there something that I am not understanding (other than the
full suite of things that I normally don't understand.) I've looked at the
signal handler and it seems to be doing quite a bit of work, how long should
I expect to wait for a clean -HUP ?

--Dave